With the District Vision Statement in mind, the following District Strategic Plan and Building-Level goals have been set for the 2017-2018 school year:
District Strategic Plan
Theme 1: Community Communication & Engagement
- Establish at least one new partnership with local business, educational institution, and/or individual (career skill development, service).
- Develop a public relations plan that informs and engages the community.
- Create a plan that maximizes community access to, and usage of, district facilities.
Theme 2: Curriculum & Instruction
- Coordinate RtI structures with comprehensive student learning assessment system (STAR, State tests, etc).
- Establish a comprehensive plan, with emphasis on a standards-based approach in Mathematics and English/Language Arts, for curriculum writing, adoption, review, revision, and implementation (publish learning targets).
- Identify, implement, and monitor research-based best practice instructional strategies.
Theme 3: Facilities & Operations
- Develop and systematically review a building safety plan (lighting, emergency response procedures, etc.).
- Create a plan to maintain and upgrade the Mondovi School District facilities.
Theme 4: Personnel Development & Engagement
- Explore compensation models.
- Develop a plan to attract and retain staff members (including non-monetary benefits).
- Establish a faculty professional development team.
- Provide training and development opportunities to keep staff skilled and competent in conjunction with the current Educator Effectiveness model.
Theme 5: Technology
- Establish and implement a plan for the continued rotation and upgrades of district infrastructure and devices.
- Provide staff development opportunities for staff to understand and expand their knowledge of classroom applications that increase student achievement.